Friday, February 12, 2010

When I told my family and friends that I started a blog, most expressed their distaste for my decision. One even stated that I have "way to much time on my hands". Well currently that's the case. I have been out of work since last June and being able to write a blog gives me something to do, something to accomplish. Most people that I tell just roll their eyes. This includes my husband, who thinks that I have better things to do with my time. I didn't realize how very unsupportive many people can be.

I am not a great writer and I do not expect many...well anyone for that matter, to read or respond to my blog. Its more of a personal writing experience, like a journal, but without pen and paper. I've always wanted to be a writer. I know that I don't have the great American Novel in my head...I never will, but at times I can be witty and interesting. Today's blog won't be either of those things.

This morning I got up and ate oatmeal in a cup, not that the oatmeal in a cup makes the oatmeal smaller, all my bowls were is the dishwasher ready to be washed. Yesterday and the day before I went to the gym, big deal right? Well, I have made a deal with myself. My husband wants to get a tattoo on his fortieth birthday, I want to get one when I lose 40 pounds!

I am reading the Blueberry Muffin Murder. I haven't finished it yet, but when I do I will have a lot to say. In the last two weeks I've finished 3 books and will be more than happy to talk about them in another blog.

Have a great day everyone! Well just me, as I'm the only one who actually reads this stuff :). (are there emoticons on a blog or did I just type out a colon and parenthesis??)

2 comments:

  1. I love that you blog, and I've been thinking about doing it lately also! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you going to start your running blog? I'm following it, but you haven't written anything?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete