Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June Ipsy Graffiti Bag

Again I'm very late in the month. June is almost over and my July bag will be coming in, in a bit. I have to say that for the second month in a row, my disappointment level has been at about a six. Out of my five products, I'll only use about three.

First off, let me start by saying that I do think the bag is cute and colorful. It's "spray painted" in graffiti, make-up graffiti. When I opened my bag, it was drenched in the Marc Anthony Beach Waves spray. The cap was loose and the liquid spilled all over my bag. All of the packaging and note cards were ruined. This was the second time I received a bag and with a broken/destroyed item. I did email Ipsy and they generously sent me a replacement beach spray.

What can I say, I love the smell of the Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray. It smells like coconuts on the beach. I, especially in the summer, hate to blow-dry my hair. I just like to air-dry it. I already use a product from Organix, a spray that hold my waves. I don't have curly, just wavy especially when I air-dry it. This spray seemed a bit tacky. Apparently, you can spray it on dry or damp hair, just spray and scrunch. You can purchase this product at various drugstores across the country. I will use this product, but probably won't purchase another.

Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray

The next product that I will use is the Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Lounge. I know Urban Decay is a cruelty free line. I love Urban Decay and have many of their make-up products. This eyeshadow in particular is very confusing. Is it brown? Is it green? Is it purple? Is it red? It's all four colors in one. The swatch below is horrible. I used this color as an all over shade this afternoon and it looks better on than swatched. In this photo, it looks like a saddle brown. In the pan it looks like a metallic, shimmer khaki brown/green.  This isn't a color that I would pick out for myself, but it's fun and I'll use it up until it's gone. Urban Decay shadows run $19 a shadow.

Urban Decay



The last thing that I will use up for sure is the Juice Beauty Luminous Lip crayon in Zuma, a cherry red.  I know that this product is made with all natural ingredients, something I look for in my products and this is also a cruelty free brand. Because of the natural ingredients, this line can be pretty pricey. The lip crayon in my bag looks highly pigmented, but when applied, it's pretty sheer. You have to build up the color and there is a lot of slip and bleeding into my fine lines. Gwyneth Paltrow is a spokesperson for this line. I know that many people get annoyed by her, but I admire her clean living. The lip crayons run $22 a piece.

Juice Beauty


The next thing that I may or may not use is the Healing Concealer Boo-Boo Cover Up. I'm not a fan of concealer. Concealers sit in my fine lines and actually accentuate the thing they are supposed to hide.  There are only three colors in the range, light, medium and dark. According to the site, these concealers cover up and heal the skin. They contain, vitamin E, green tea, chamomile, and tea tree oil, all great ingredients. The concealers come in two sizes and are $10 and $20.

Boo Boo Cover-up


 The last thing that came in my bag was a nail polish from  Jessie's Girl called Julie G. I'm not a fan of polish because of the ingredients. This brand is free of the "big 3" DBP, formaldehyde and toluene. The scent of the polish is very strong and dries quickly. Two coats are definitely needed. I tried it on one finger and by the next day, it was already coming off. In the polishes defense, I didn't use a top coat. When I do, my polish can last a very long time. This company is a cruelty free cosmetic company, but is not organic. Looking on the site, their products are reasonably priced. This polish is $3,99. The is was cute. It's a mint green/blue. I don't wear polish, so this is something that I won't keep.

Jesse's Girl Cosmetics

Overall, I wasn't impressed with the contents of this bag. Let's hope July's bag is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment