Friday, July 29, 2016

Hot Summer Nights: Ipsy July "Unbagging"

I have to admit that my July Ipsy bag is probably the most disappointing for me so far, with the exceptions of a few items. First and foremost, this review is going to be short. I've only used a few of these items. Second, I forgot to take a picture of my bag, so I had to download one from the Ipsy site. I have to give credit, where credit is due. Third, I'll be discussing these in order of what I loved, to what I didn't like. Fourth, I used my points on something that I thought should come in this bag, but didn't show up?
Photo of my bag from the Ipsy site. 


1. Too Faced Hangover Rx Primer:  OMG this is by far my favorite thing in the bag. I already have a large tube of this, which I purchased myself a long time ago, and now I'm almost out of it!!  I love the way it smells and the way it feels on my face. I've used other primers that have a silicon base, which this does not, and I didn't like the way they felt on my skin. This primer is cool and refreshing. It costs $32 and is worth the price. When I tried repurchasing it a few weeks ago, the Too Faced Sephora rep, said the entire company was out of it, so a sample to hold me over is perfect. By the way, Too Faced is one of my favorite cosmetics companines. They're corporate office is located right here in Orange County, Irvine I think. They are also a cruelty free company. Too Faced


 2. BellePierre Cosmetics, Banana Setting Powder: Wow, this is going to be a favorite of mine. The full sized powder runs you $32. I feel like my sample will last forever. I use this on my eyes, after my shadow primer to set it. This works well with my ColourPop shadows. BellePierre's products are cruelty free and paraben free. According to their site, they were awarded the Natural Health and Beauty Award for Excellence. I love my makeup to be as natural as can be and this is a company I'm very interested in for the future. Bella Pierre

3. Vasanti Cosmetics: Professional Contour Eyeshadow Brush. I really like this brush to pick up my Colourpop eyeshadows. It's a nice crease, outter corner brush. It costs $21, other than that, I don't know much about the company. Vasanti Cosmetics

4.  The Balm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Trimony in Matt Moskowitz: This is a purple burgundy brownish color. It would nice in the crease. I found it to be a bit patchy when I swatched it on my arm. I am curious about The Balm Cosmetics. I've gotten things from them before and from what I know about the company, they seem pretty good. They are talc-paraben-cruelty-free which I like. There are a bit on the pricey side. This particular eye shadow comes in a $42 pallet. They do sell individual eyeshadows for $5.50 a piece, which isn't pricey.   The Balm



5. Nunzio Saviano Anti-Frizz Sheets:  I got five individual sheets for my hair. It looks as if you just rub your hair with these to calm the frizz, which may be fine and dandy, but they aren't for me. I will pass these along to someone with frizzy hair, which mine is not. My hair is pretty straight, I do have a slight wave to it and I like my wave. I have fine hair, which gets really greasy and I feel that these will just add to the grease. One box of 15 sheets can be bought on Amazon for $18. I will give the product a fair try and let you in on how I actually feel about them later. For right now, with the summer heat, there is no way I'm rubbing these on my hair.  Nunzio Saviano



Overall I guess my bag wasn't as bad as I thought. I will get use out of some of the products and the others I'll test out. This bag gets 3 out 5 Pink Gerber Daisies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment