Saturday, September 16, 2017

Too Faced Peaches, Yummy Yum Yum!! Part 1


"Movin' to the country, 
Gonna eat a lot of peaches
Millions of peaches, peaches for me
Millions of peaches, peaches for free" (Presidents of the United of America)

I've been obsessed with the Too Faced Peaches line for quite some time, and OMG they just came out with a new line of peaches, the "Just Peaches Matte" collection.  Last December, I bought the Sweet Peach eye shadow palette. I think this palette was originally launched Summer 2016??? It had such a cult following that Too Faced expanded the line. 

I've posted reviews on all of the Chocolate Bar palettes, but for some odd reason, I never posted one on the Sweet Peach. This one happens to be my absolute favorite. I've used this one so much, that I've already hit pan. There were so many items in this line, but I only bought a few of the lip oils and shadows. 

The smell is amazing. When you open the palette, the shadows smell like the candy peach rings I'd eat at the movie theaters when I was little. A little bit of the powder fell into my mouth, and while I don't recommend eating them, the taste was delicious. 

The colors are so pretty, (I love them so much)!!!!!! I apply all of my shadows with primer. I hate the Too Faced Shadow Insurance, so I use either the MAC Pot in Painterly or the NYX Eyeshadow Base in White.  I don't care for the purple and black shades. The green can be tricky. Sometimes I like it and other times I have a hard time working with it. I really don't care for the black.  I don't like ANY black in ANY palette. Sometimes the colors can be a little muddy. I love the entire middle row and; Luscious, Just Peachy, Charmed I'm Sure, Peaches N' Cream, Summer Yum, and Puree. My least favorite is, Talk Deby to Me. As you can see from the swatches below, it's extremely patchy. You can't always base your decision to like or dislike a palette on swatches alone. Sometimes a shadow can swatch poorly, but look really great on the eyes. That's how I feel about my Pur Cosmetics Troll palette. The swatches were bad, but they work lovely on the eyes. I still like to watch YouTubers color swatch. It makes it easier for me to determine if I like the colors. 


Top to bottom; White Peach, Luscious, Just Peachy, Bless Her Heart, Tempting, Charmed I'm Sure
Top to bottom; Nectar, Cobbler, Candied Peach, Bellini, Peach Pit, Delectable 
Top to bottom; Peaches N' Cream, Georgia, Caramelized, Puree, Summer Yum, Talk Derby to Me

Apparently I purchased five Peach Lip oils in; Peach Tease (love), Peach Fuzz, Papa Don't Peach (love), Pure Peach and Peach-Sicle. I only really wear these during the spring and summer when I want a more natural look. They aren't really pigmented because they're a lip gloss. If I had to do it all over again, I probably wouldn't get these. They're all right. They taste sweet and perfumey all at the same time. These end up looking the same color on your lips anyway and they emphasize any dry patches you may have on your lips. As I mentioned before, I wouldn't recommend these. 








While I really do love the Sweet Peach palette, there are a few palettes from NYX that are very similar. They're not exact dupes, but the color scheme is similar, minus the ugly black and ok green.  Of course you're not getting the yummy scent, but for a cheaper price, they're nice. I'd say that the NYX shadows are a bit stiff, but they blend nicely. The NYX shadows are a perfect example of bad swatches vs. decent application.  For $18 a palette you can get both and it would still be cheaper than the Sweet Peach. If you're a sucker for adorable packaging and yummy scented shadows, buy the Sweet Peach Palette. 


Warm Rust Palette.

Warm Rust

Sugar High swatches 

Sugar High. This palette swatches poorly, but blends nicely.


The Sweet Peach Palette is $49. This palette gets 4 out of 5 Pink Gerber Daises.



Items in the original collection:
Sweet Peach Glow Highlighter Trio
Sweet Peach Creamy Peach Oil Lip Gloss
Sweet Peach Papa Don't Peach Blush
Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette


Items in the new collection:
Just Peachy Velvet Matte Eyeshadow
Sweetie Pie Radiant Matte Bronzer
Peach Blur Translucent Smoothing Finishing Powder
Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation
Peach Mist Mattifying Setting Spray
Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder
Peach Kiss Moisture Matte Long Wear Lipstick
Primed & Peachy Cooling Matte Perfecting Primer
Peach My Cheeks Melting Powder Blush
Peach Frost Melting Powder Highlighter
Bronze Peach Melting Powder Bronzer


No comments:

Post a Comment