Saturday, October 7, 2017

Too Faced Peaches Part II: Peaches and Cream Collection

I already gave a review of the Too Faced Sweet Peach line a few weeks back. I bought The Sweet Peach palette and a few of the lip oils when the line relaunched at the end of 2016. I love that palette, with the exception of a few colors.

Recently, I purchased some more products from the new Peaches and Cream collection, an extension to the Sweet Peach line. This time I bought the palette, a lipstick in I Think in Pink, a shocking pink, the primer, a setting spray, two blushes in the colors So Peachy and Peach Dream, and the only highlighter from the collection, Happy Face.

Let's start with what I loved............. the eye shadow palette. OMG! This is probably my new favorite from Too Faced. I think I like it better than the original Sweet Peach. The shades are all beautiful, are very pigmented and blend nicely. I feel like Too Faced got the colors right this time. There were a few shades in the original that I didn't really care for, but these colors are truly gorgeous. 

The scent is different than the Sweet Peach palette. I think that palette smells like the peach gummy rings I used to get at the movie theater, while this one smells like Fuzzy Peach, the old shower gel from The Body Shop. I worked at The Body Shop in the late 90's and that was my FAVORITE shower gel. The fragrance from this line takes me back to a simpler time.  I don't love the fragrance, I prefer the scent of the Sweet Peach palette. 

I love the packaging. It's very sleek.  Too Faced always has the cutest packaging, and while that's not a reason to buy a product, it helps to pique my interest in it. In this case the quality of shadows and packaging are both winners!!




Now to what I liked........ the blushes and highlighter. This wasn't a love for me. I didn't buy the blushes or highlighters in the last peaches launch, I'm not sure why I decided to buy them in this one. They're just "meh". I'm very fair, almost pasty, and Peach Dream barely gives me a wash of color. These blushes are infused with peach and sweet fig cream. Interesting, I ate some sweet fig creamy preserves this morning for breakfast?!?!?!?! Anyway I digress. To get any color payoff, I can only apply these with my fingers. They are a cream to powder formula. These blushes aren't horrible. I like them and I'll use them, I just don't love them and I probably won't buy them again.




The highlighter wasn't a favorite for me either. I have so many highlighters that I love more. It's the cream to powder formula just like the blushes. I'm not a fan of this type of formula.  Again, I don't hate it, I'll use it up, but won't buy it again.

My only regret.....the lipstick, I Think in Pink. It's horrible. I know that it's a matte formula, but this is just a patchy mess. I have other matte lipsticks that aren't as patchy. I'm not a huge fan of Too Faced lipstick overall. I love their liquid matte and melted formulas, but the actual stick is the worst. I have another lipstick from them, from the La Creme line and I just don't reach for it. 

For my peach lipstick in shocking pink, I've tried everything. I scrub and moisturize my lips, but nothing works. I will never buy another lipstick from Too Faced again. The color skips, the application is patchy and this isn't even incredibly matte either. It's a creamy matte formula. It also has the shower gel peach scent, something I don't care for on my mouth.

The color is off. On my lips, the color looks lighter than when swatched. It starts to fade very quickly and doesn't have much pigmentation when applied. One of my coworkers even mentioned how that color looks a bit off on me and I always wear colors like this. 






Overall I think this is an OK collection. I wish that Too Faced could improve the formula of their lipsticks. The only thing that I would repurchase would be the palette. 

The Just Peachy Matte Palette gets a 4 out of 5 Pink Gerber Daisies 
The blushes get a 2.5 out of 5 Pink Gerber Daisies
The highlighter, Happy Face gets a 3 out of 5 Pink Gerber Daisies
The lipstick gets a 1 out of 5 Pink Gerber Daisies

No comments:

Post a Comment