Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 2016! Here are My Hopes, Not Resolutions, for the New Year.

I can't believe that the holidays are already over and that the new year has begun.  Back in June, I saw a Facebook meme that said that we are the same distance away from 2000 as we are from 2030. Well, now we're closer to 2030 than we are to 2000 and that's a bit scary.  Last night, I rang in the New Year with some of the same people I rang in the new year with 10 years ago.  I don't believe in making New Year's resolutions, they're silly and they never last.  Why would I want to start the year with that much pressure? Instead of resolutions, I'm listing just a few of my many New Year's Hopes for 2016.


1.  I hope to write more on my blog this year.

2.  I hope to really reach my goal of reading 50 books this year.  Hey, I'm the editor of children's work (AKA an English teacher) and sometimes it's difficult to find time to read for pleasure.

3.  I hope to go to the Fullerton Farmer's Market at least once this year.

4.  I hope for less stress this year

5.  I hope to have fun in Florida this year.

6.  I hope to not let my facial expressions say it all this year!!

7.  I hope to not be annoyed so much by the stupid things people do this year.

8.  I hope to go to the OC Fair with my mom at least once this year.

9.  I hope to have a baby this year.

10.  I hope for a new laptop this year (yes, materialistic thing one).

11.  I hope to get air conditioning this year.  It went out at the end on summer 2014 and I didn't expect the massive heat wave from July-October 2015.

12.  I hope my husband and I continue to have fun with our crazy life  this year.

13.  I hope to see more of my family this year.

14.  I hope to travel more this year.

15.  I hope to exercise more this year.

16.  I hope to do more 5K walks this year.

17.  I hope to continue to try really cool makeup and beauty products. (this may be materialistic thing two)

18.  I hope for a happy and satisfying 2016.

19.  I hope for a healthy year.

20.  I hope for cuddle time with my little loves this year.  That would be Sammy and Mia.

21.  I hope to see good movies come out of Hollywood this year. I feel like so many concepts have just been regurgitated.

22.  I hope to be more on top of my essay grading Monday-Friday and not spend EVERY Saturday working this year. Lets face it, I work 6 days a week, not 5.

23.  I hope drama stays far away from me this year!

24.  I hope I'm surrounded by positive people, who only give off positive energy this year!

25.  I hope to have fun this year!

26.  I hope for another tattoo this year.

27.  I hope my students realize, this year, that they are the future and that they can change this crazy world for the better.

28.  I hope to see a concert this year.

29.  I hope I;m # one on the leader board in laser tag this year.

30.  I hope that my life is filled with love and joy this year.

I hope everyone has an amazing 2016. I know it's a cliche, but you're the writer/producer/director of your own life "movie". Make sure it's award winning!


"New Year's Day. A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery. Today carve out a quiet interlude for yourself in which to dream, pen in hand.  Only dreams give birth to change." Author Sarah Ban Breathnach


No comments:

Post a Comment