Sunday, January 24, 2016

Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick vs. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick.

With my mommy. Wearing Kat Von D Bauhau5 early on in the day
This is going to be quick.  Progress reports are done, I graded a bunch of papers last night, I was already at school this morning for open house, God even had a day of rest, so I've decided to not edit papers the rest of the day.  I'm going to give a quick update on two products I've already reviewed. It's sort of a "versus" but I don't have any side by side comparison photos, sorry!

You can easily say that I'm OBSESSED with the Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick. I LOVE THEM! I love the way they feel, I love the way they smell, I love the pigmentation  They are not long wearing like the Too Faced webpage says they are. They lightly stain your lips, however, I do have to reapply and that doesn't bother me one bit, because I just love this product.  They don't dry down to a matte finish, but I don't think that's what they're meant to do anyway. They do transfer, so be prepared to find your lipstick on your food or on the face of someone you love.

Too Faced just launched their Melted Chocolate Lipsticks, infused with cocoa powder, yum yum (Like their chocolate bar eyeshadow palettes. I've never tried them. I have enough eyeshadow with my Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette). I tried the Chocolate Milkshake and Chocolate Cherries. I thought Chocolate Cherries would look amazing against my milky skin tone, but alas, it looked like I smeared a chocolate candy bar all over my face. So I had to return/exchange it. Side note: I found an unused gift card to ULTA, so I didn't spend any of my own $$. I love when this happens, like finding money in the pockets of a coat you haven't worn all year!

My cousin, the bride. Wearing Bauhau5 at the end of the day after eating and reapplying.
Now on to the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick. I so desperately wanted to like these lipsticks, I've given them chance after chance, and I just can't anymore. Yes, they are extremely pigmented, I'll give them that. They just don't feel good on my lips at all and I'm unsure about the fragrance. I would much rather reapply the Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipsticks than wear the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick.

I wore the Kat Von D liquid lipstick to my cousin's wedding yesterday (1/23/2016) and this morning (1/24/2016) to work. They are not creamy. Well, I mean they are a liquid lipstick, but the Too Faced feel creamy on my lips, and I don't mean drying down matte, I'm talking about the initial liquidy application. It's a completely different texture. I wore Bauhau5 and everybody loved the color, but it was too patchy, especially the second day I wore it. It wouldn't build up color and the center of my lips would fade unevenly.  It even smeared on my CHEEK!! Isn't that not supposed to happen? They only good thing about this brand is that the color does not transfer when you kiss, say, your spouse. It came off when I ate tacos from the taco bar (which were delicious BTW) or drank a cup of coffee, hence the cheek smear. The ONLY way to reapply is to completely take off the color and begin again, with clean lips.

Kissed my hubby and no transfer. Those grays are kickin!
I'm not sure how fair this comparison is, because I know they're different formulas and Melted isn't a matte lip color, but I have to be honest, the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks just don't work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment