Friday, January 20, 2017

Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bon Palette: Palette #2 Review




Last week I reviewed the Too Faced Original Chocolate Bar Palette, here's the link to that review Too Faced Original Chocolate Bar Palette

In December, my husband and I went to Las Vegas to celebrate my birthday. Using a few gift cards, I bought The Chocolate Bon Bon Palette, my first Too Faced chocolate palette (although it wasn't the first one I reviewed), at a cute little shopping plaza near Mandalay Bay.  I had been looking for this palette in stores close to my house, but my Sephora stores were all sold out. No, I didn't go all the way to Vegas just for these eye shadows. We were heading out there anyway. Buying this palette was just an added bonus.

This is one of my favorite palettes in the line. I am fair skinned and am on the cool side, so I tend to gravitate towards the cooler colors. There is a mix of 16 matte and shimmer shades. 

Some of the colors in the palette aren't the most pigmented right off the bat, but you can build up color. Always wear these shadows with a primer, I use the MAC Pot in Painterly. 

I think more looks can be created with this palette because of the variety of shades. I haven't used the blue/grey Earl Grey. I'm not quite sure how I would. It's a beautiful color, but odd for the palette. Almond Truffle, Molasses Chip, Malted, the entire middle row, all of the bottom row, except for Totally Fetch are all colors I love. They swatch and apply beautifully. 




Some of the shadows are a bit stiff. I don't know what it is about Too Faced,  I always seem to have issues with the top row. Satin Sheets I already have in the Boudoir Palette. I'm not a fan of it in the Boudoir Palette, but it seems creamier in the Chocolate Bon Bon Palette. I like to use it as a base. These colors apply better than they swatch, because most of the swatches are subpar. If I based my decision to purchase this palette off the swatches, I would pass.  Actually, I passed on this palette for many years because of the swatches. They apply so much better with a great primer! I have a problem with creasing, but if I use a good primer, my shadows stay more vibrant and last longer. As I said in my Chocolate Bar review, I do not like the Shadow Insurance, by Too Faced. 

The smell in the palette is amazing!! It smells like yummy chocolate, just like the Semi-Sweet and Original. The scent does fade over time though. I wish they would vary up the scent, create something new.



The packaging is super cute! It looks like the Original Chocolate Bar on the outside, but pink instead of chocolate brown. My favorite color is pink! Each shadow is a tiny shadow heart. This packaging is the cutest in the line. 

Overall I would rate the Chocolate Bon Bon Palette 3 1/2 out of 5 Pink Gerber Daisies. Make sure to check out my swatches below.  








Top Row: Almond Truffle, Satin Sheets, Sprinkles, Molasses Chip, Malted 

Middle Row: Cashew Chew, Cotton Candy, Cafe Au Lait, Bordeaux, Mocha and Black Currant 

Bottom Row: Dark Truffle, Pecan Praline, Totally Fetch, Earl Grey and Divinity


No comments:

Post a Comment